Kachin News Group
- Tue, 20 Dec 2016 14:42:00 +0000: Burma Army Launches Air Strike Against KIA Post near Gidon - News
The Burma Army launched air strikes on the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 3 Lai Hpawng Post, near Gidon, on 19 December.
- Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:00:35 +0000: Burma Army Allegedly Bomb Roman Catholic Church in Mongkoe - News
The Burma Army has allegedly bombed a Roman Catholic Church in Mongkoe town in northern Shan State where it is fighting with the Northern Alliance.
- Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:36:01 +0000: Burmese Government Blocks Kachin Workshop in Myitkyina - News
The Burmese Government in Naypyidaw has refused permission for a Kachin public workshop to be held in Myitkyina, the Kachin State capital, on 28 November.
- Thu, 03 Nov 2016 13:41:31 +0000: Anti-KIO Protest Held in Myitkyina - News
As public and religious organisations across Burma call on the Burma Army to halt its offensives a protest against the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) was held in Myitkyina, the Kachin State capital, on 31 October.
- Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:25:02 +0000: KIO Chairman Pessimistic on Chances for Peace - News
On the 56th anniversary of the founding of the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO), their Chairman, General Lanyaw Zawng Hra, warned in a speech that the Burma Army's ongoing offensive against all eight of the KIO's brigades, was making peace more difficult.
- Tue, 18 Oct 2016 16:48:33 +0000: KIO Says Army Offensives Undermine Peace Process - News
The Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) Central Committee released a statement on 8 October accusing the Burma Army of undermining the ongoing peace process.
- Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:42:04 +0000: More Kachin State Air Strikes - News
The Burma Army launched its most intense air strikes to date in the area of the Kachin Independence Organisation’s (KIO) headquarters on 7 October.
- Wed, 05 Oct 2016 07:42:57 +0000: Protests Held Against Burma Army's Kachin State Offensives - News
Residents of Mytkyina, the Kachin State capital, and Tanai staged demonstrations on 3 October to protest against the ongoing Burma Army offensives against the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) in northern Kachin State.
- Fri, 23 Sep 2016 13:06:30 +0000: Burma Army Launches Air Strikes Against KIA Camps - News
Following two weeks of fighting between the Burma Army and the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) in Kachin State the Burma Army launched jet fighter and helicopter air strikes against KIA camps on 23 September.
- Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:00:30 +0000: Kachin Drug Gang Beats Policemen - News
A drug gang beat Burmese Police after they arrested a major drug dealer of the Indawgyi area of Kachin State with alleged connections to high-ranking Burma Army officers.