Kachin News Group
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:21:06 +0000: Child killed, two girls injured in Kachin landmine blast - News
A nine-year-old child was killed and her two sisters were left injured after a landmine exploded on a farm near a Tatmadaw camp in Kachin State on April 19, according to a relative.
- Sun, 23 Apr 2017 22:15:12 +0000: Around 100 Burmese military vehicles march to northern Shan State - News
Around 100 Burmese military vehicles full of soldiers and weapons have arrived in the northern Shan State on 22 April, according to local residents.
- Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:38:07 +0000: Kachin people prepare for second session of 21st Century Panglong Conference - News
The Kachin Political Cooperation Committee (KPCC) held a two-day national-level political dialogue for ethnic groups in the Kachin State’s capital Myitkyina to prepare for the second session of the Union Peace Conference (21st Century Panglong Conference).
- Thu, 26 Jan 2017 21:14:19 +0000: Detained Kachin pastors transferred to Muse Police Station - News
Two pastors from the Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC) have been transferred to Muse Myoma Police Station after they were forcibly detained by the Burma Army in Mong Ko, northern Shan State and they have been allowed to meet with their families and officials from the KBC.
- Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:46:00 +0000: Skirmishes break out between Burma Army and KIA in two areas - News
Skirmishes broke out between the Burma Army and the Kachin Independence Army in two areas yesterday morning (24 January).
- Tue, 24 Jan 2017 21:43:09 +0000: PJS to restart opium eradication this year - News
Kachin anti-narcotic group, Pat Jasan (PJS), will restart its opium eradication program this year in the Kachin State before the opium season is over.
- Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:33:48 +0000: Burma army transports large supply to Putao - News
More than 80 Burmese military trucks loaded with a large supply of rations and unknown items departed this morning from Myitkyina to Putao, the northernmost part of Kachin State.
- Tue, 20 Dec 2016 14:42:00 +0000: Burma Army Launches Air Strike Against KIA Post near Gidon - News
The Burma Army launched air strikes on the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 3 Lai Hpawng Post, near Gidon, on 19 December.
- Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:00:35 +0000: Burma Army Allegedly Bomb Roman Catholic Church in Mongkoe - News
The Burma Army has allegedly bombed a Roman Catholic Church in Mongkoe town in northern Shan State where it is fighting with the Northern Alliance.
- Fri, 02 Dec 2016 15:36:01 +0000: Burmese Government Blocks Kachin Workshop in Myitkyina - News
The Burmese Government in Naypyidaw has refused permission for a Kachin public workshop to be held in Myitkyina, the Kachin State capital, on 28 November.